Thursday, August 4, 2011

Brooks' 2 Month Appointment




This kid is adorable! AND he has a slew of problems. Stink.

Height: 24''
Weight: 12 lbs 6 oz
Head: 16 1/4''

He has a pretty serious case of dry skin. He has some AWFUL baby acne...or so I thought until it wouldn't really go away. That is when I did a bit of investigating and had figured for myself it might be mild eczema. Turns out I was right. After talking with the doctor she looked at the few spots he had on his chest and told me I had it figured properly. I now need to step up from baby lotion to Hydrocortisone Cream.
The bigger problem is his head. He has what I call "Plate Tectonics" going on. One of the skull bones on the top of his head is "diving" under the mid suture line. He is pretty lopsided and the doctor didn't think anything of it at his 2 week appointment. "We'll take a look at it at 2 months" she said. "It should take care of itself". Sho' 'nuff it didn't. She wants me to do some little exercises with him and see if there is any improvement by his 4 months appointment. If there isn't she will refer us.
She thinks the reason he has this is because of how he was positioned in utero. All three of my boys have felt like they have been positioned the same to me. Drake came out with a lopsided head as well so the doctor is probably right. Drake's finally fixed itself entirely by about 18 months. Brooks also has a little Torticollis contributing to the problem. Either way, I hope we can fix this ourselves because to be perfectly frank, we don't have the money to take care of the problem but would have to because he is QUITE lopsided.
Otherwise, Brooks is happy and healthy. He continues to be a sweet baby and we love him dearly.

1 comment:

Emily said...

Benson had some torticollis and we took him to a physical therapist, so we have some exercises and stretches they gave us that helped a lot. Call me if you want to know about them. It's definitely less expensive than a helmet!