Monday, September 20, 2010

I just struck GOLD!

I was at Michaels buying a skein of yarn when I decided to check out the second hand kids store in the same strip mall. I allow Carson to watch one movie a day and right now we are both tired of our selection.
I ducked into the the store just to glance at the movies to see if any Disney DVDs were available. I check every time I go (which isn't all that often) and all I have ever found is High School Musical. I know Disney DVDs are a hot item and fly off the shelves the minute they land there.
As it was, I sat on the floor with Drake in my lap right in front of the video floor to ceiling bookshelf. At first glance I thought I was seeing things wrong, and picked up what caught my attention to examine things properly. Here is what I found:

Snow White (in its original wrapping) - $5.99
Great Mouse Detective (in its original wrapping) - $5.99
Mary Poppins (in its original wrapping) - $5.99
Pinocchio (in its original wrapping) - $5.99
Up (in its original wrapping) - $3.99
Sleeping Beauty (the only one previously viewed) - $6.99

They all had multiple discs with the exception of UP. We don't have a Blu-Ray player but if we ever get one, we're all set. They also had fancy things written on them like, "Platinum Edition" or even better, "Diamond Edition"! I don't know what this means, but it has to be good right?!

As you can imagine, I snatched them all up and quickly called my hubby to tell him the good news, I was excited enough I was giggling...that is right...giggling. In fact, I might or might not still be giggling...

4 comments:

Unknown said...

AWESOME!!!

Katie said...

I love Disney!...almost as much as I love your giggle :-)

Justin and Carissa said...

SCORE! I landed a good deal a while back on Disney movies and it has been awesome. So happy for you!

Laura said...

Good deal! I love those movies! They just don't make them like they used to.