Sunday, April 25, 2010

Funny how these things work...

When living in San Fran with my sisters one of the most fun days we had was spent with my cousin and the family she worked for. Jenn (my sis) convinced me to go sailing with the bunch and so I did. We hopped on a boat and cruised around the bay. It was a BLAST.
After sailing we went out to eat with none other than Shera P. The check was what I owed her for the sailing fee. We went to a fun restaurant on the pier and I ordered a salad. Now this salad was a special salad...there was a prize at the bottom.
This was no ordinary or scary prize; I have found glass, bugs, and even something I don't want to mention in food before, but in this salad, smack dab in the center of the plate, heads up, nice and shiny, was a quarter. It's my favorite "food story" and I suppose I owe it all to Shera P....thank you for the fun day!!

2 comments:

Emily said...

Glad you figured out the mystery check!

Nicole said...

So I just realized that I don't have your email to add you to my blog list. If you want to read it still, just email me at nicolerkeller{at}gmail