Saturday, September 20, 2008

Fuzz Head

You might think I am talking about Carson. Alas, I am not.
I feel like I struggled with all those pregnancy "coulds" that people mention. For instance, not everyone gets to enjoy morning (or all morning, midday, evening, night, and sleeping) sickness; but I did. I had also read that your face could either break out, or clear up while pregnant. I didn't have any facial problems that needed clearing, so my face chose the break-out option. The other things that could've happened which of course did were, spotting (which scared me half to death - I was sick to my stomach with worry until the next dr. appt.), serious swelling, the usual aches, pains and lack of breath, and the most miserable heartburn possible. The latest and greatest could that I have been dealing with is, losing my hair. A few months after I had Carson, I started to lose my hair. It would come out by the fistfulls. I went from just barely being able to get a hairband around my ponytail three times to have room to spare even after the fourth time around. My poor husband and baby have my hair all over them all of the time. There is good news though...my hair is finally coming back in! Because I lost all of that hair at the same time, it has all started coming in at the same time as well. The only problem with this, is now I have a PLETHORA of inch long fuzzy hairs all over my head. I look like I have an aura around my head all of the time. The other morning I took a picture of it (without making it worse than it was) to show just how bad it looks if I don't glue those babies down. I am not complaining though; I would do it all a million times over for my sweet baby.


7 comments:

Joanna said...

I've heard that can happen. We love you anyways:). At least you have nice, new, healthy hair growing in. Oh the price we pay for cute babies.

Adam and Julie H. said...

Now I see what you were talking about.

Vance Fager Family said...

Real Cute Mel!

Jenn Oldham said...

I love your hair! I thought that happened from having an epidural...but since you didn't have one...apparently not. I think you body looks for every excuse possible to shed a little hair here and there. Your hair doesn't like you!

Ashlie said...

My hair does that, and I don't even have a kid! At least you have an excuse ;) Actually, mine is because I have naturally wavy hair. That's my excuse! At least you got an adorable baby out of it :) Tell Dave hi for me!

Ashley Lloyd said...

One day you're going to be able to tell your kids of the true tales that you went through in order to bring them into the world! :) He's so cute, and definately worth it!

W said...

My hair is in that same stage right now too! Hope you all are doing well.