Thursday, August 21, 2008

Um...Gross


My husband recently bought some sunflower seeds which are currently sitting in our car. Seeing these seeds brought back a flood of memories. Some of them I think are worth documenting. It all started when my parents used to take me to sporting events when I was little. It all sounds harmless enough, but it wasn't.

After a while I would get bored...

I would go under the bleachers and play with whatever I could find, I did however, have favorites. I would find the leftover piles of sunflower seed shells and meticulously go through each one to see if I could find any overlooked, or partial seeds. If I was so lucky to find such a treasure, I would eat it. I always found that the wet ones were harder to handle, I much preferred the already dried variety.

It gets even better though. My other germs of choice were popcorn kernels. There were always an abundance of those. I would find every kernel in the gym and suck whatever flavor off of them I could before discarding them for the next lucky kid to find. I've always wondered why I was sick as a child??

8 comments:

Vance Fager Family said...

That is gross!

ANDY, JEN & KIDDIES said...

How cute is your little guy! Those beautiful blue eyes. How are you guys doing? This is Jen Price (now Hansen) from high school. My brother James said you guys are down in Provo doing the school thing. Ahhh the joys! My blog is private so if you wanna check it out you will have to shoot me your email...mamajen121@yahoo.com. I hope to hear from ya.

Joanna said...

Um ya, nasty. Gross. You probably have a great immune system now.

Sitton said...

hahah thats gross! Got you messages, sorry you alway have to talk to my voice mail:)

Just Only Me said...

That's just every kid for ya, there's nothing better than the butter-and-salt flavor of popcorn kernels to kids! (or at least to mine, they love that) Funny how somethings make us remember different things!

Adam and Julie H. said...

Now you have a kid of your own to watch out for. Who knows, he might try to follow in your footsteps.

Cynthia and Bryan said...

This cracks me up ! How we all make it to adulthood is a miracle.

Linda said...

thats disgusting, i love ya but thats really gross :o)